Waste Water Treatment Lagoon
Tri-Core’s landfill and lagoon work are excellent examples of projects where we excel in large scale earth moving, tunneling, and the installation of geosynthetic and compacted clay liners with leachate collection systems. This construction project presented an opportunity for Tri-Core to demonstrate our integrated service model which incorporated the surface and underground infrastructure divisions of our business with environmental construction expertise.
The scope of work consisted of:
- Constructing an earthen berm;
- Installation of de-gassing and de-watering systems;
- Installation of a 60 mil HDPE liner system and erosion control measures on the lagoon slopes and floor;
- Installing a gravity inlet intercell and discharge piping system to provide land drainage and;
- Tunneling beneath a provincial road highway.